Tim Farmer discusses assessing mental capacity in podcast with Title Research
In episode eight of the Topical Talks podcast, Title Research was joined by expert guest, Tim Farmer, an award winning author and expert witness specialising in the assessment of mental capacity and financial vulnerability.
Tim is also Founder and Managing Director of multi-award winning mental capacity assessors, TSF Consultants. He has over 25 years’ experience of working with adults and children with reduced mental capacity and has completed more than 3,500 mental capacity assessments.
In this episode, the conversation covers:
- The role private client practitioners have to play in assessing mental capacity
- Whether the view of mental capacity has changed in recent years
- New legislation surrounding witnessing documents via video conferencing software
- And more…
Listen to Tim Farmer’s episode now:
Topical Talks with Title Research is a podcast about estate administration, probate and other areas of interest in the Wills and probate sector. In each episode, Title Research speaks to a highly regarded individual from the industry about their specialism and current popular topics of conversation.
Previous episodes include discussions about:
- Probate in Spain with Roser Coll of TEMIS & CO International Lawyers
- Challenges and predictions for the legal sector with Michael Culver, Chairman of Solicitors for the Elderly and Partner at Bolt Burdon Solicitors
- Contentious probate with Martin Holdsworth of IDR Law
- Insurance in estate administration with Jeff de-Rhune of Trust and Probate Insurance
- Long-term and elderly care with Heledd Wyn of Gregg Latchams
- Inheritance Tax planning and the Court of Protection with Holly Mieville-Hawkins of Enable Law
- How the legal industry has evolved and adapted in 2020 with former Chair of the Law Society’s Wills and Equity Committee, Ian Bond
Title Research provides a range of genealogical research and asset repatriation services for legal professionals. Their services are designed to streamline the estate administration process, to take the effort out of locating the correct people or assets, and to mitigate against the risk of future dispute or complications. If you have any questions about genealogical research, asset repatriation or how you can work with Title Research, call them on 0345 87 27 600 or email [email protected].
This article was submitted to be published by Kings Court Trust as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Wills and Probate. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Wills and Probate.