Struggling to keep up with Technology?
If you are struggling to keep up with technology, you are not the only one. A recent survey has identified that the fast pace of technological change is one of the biggest challenges facing all businesses.
The study questioned CEMS alliance members – these were graduates from 30 of the most highly rated business schools internationally. Therefore, it’s not surprising that you may feel overwhelmed.
However, burying your head in the sand will not benefit anyone, least of all your business. Technology is continuing to evolve at an alarming rate; rather than fearing it, you should think about how you can use it to your advantage. What’s more, almost every successful business is underpinned by their choice of and implementation of tech.
DPL has been developing and delivering leading edge technology solutions for over two decades and has a substantial legal client base which spans three continents. This has allowed us to develop a bird’s eye view of the perceived challenges business owners face when adopting new technology.
So how can you keep up with technology?
- Speak to your suppliers. At DPL we regularly engage with our customers through our training and customer service support
- Assess the learning resources available to you. Look at which ones are the most appropriate to your sector. Make sure that you choose the right technology which both suits and supports you and your business.
- Using the identified resources, set aside some time to read, watch and listen to relevant material as often as you can. There are an overwhelming number of blog posts, video channels and podcasts. Pick a couple of sources relevant to you and commit to consuming them regularly.
- Attend conferences and seminars. Listen to webinars. Connect with peers online. As well as making valuable industry connections, networking on a regular basis will boost awareness of your brand. For example, we attended the Today’s Wills and Probate Roundtable earlier this week and made some strong connections within the sector – it just shows how important it is to make the most of every opportunity.
- Request technology updates from your chosen membership or regulatory body. Staying up to date is important for both enhancing and protecting your business.
DPL understands how daunting new technology and the speed of change can be. We commit to talk to you in a language you understand, and provide updates for will drafters, not web developers.
Call us today on 01732 867792 to try out our services and discuss how we can help your private client business.
This article was submitted to be published by DPL Professional as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Wills and Probate. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Wills and Probate