November Certainty Expert Webinar : Validity Disputes And Inheritance Act Claims
Title: Validity disputes and Inheritance Act claims – practical tips for contentious and non-contentious practitioners
Presenters: Angela Bowman and Adam Draper, Shoosmiths
Date & Time: Wednesday 28th November at 12.00pm
Our second Certainty Expert Webinar in November is a Contentious Probate special. It will be hosted by Angela Bowman and Adam Draper from Shoosmiths. who will be looking at the Residence Nil Rate Band.
Agenda of the webinar:
- To explain the process of validity disputes
- To explain Inheritance Act claims
- Provide a focus on practical application/ tips
- To explain how Will searches can help
- Explain why it’s beneficial to refer cases to specialist contentious practitioners
This webinar will cover:
- Removing Caveats and how to maintain neutrality when acting as executor in probate related disputes
- Costs in probate related proceedings
- Summary of Ilott v Blue Cross and any tips/matters to consider when drafting a Will to help avoid 1975 Act claims
- Tips to avoid validity disputes and the renewed importance of following the Golden Rule and keeping good attendance notes following James v James & Others  EWHC 242
- Summary piece to explain that Shoosmiths are here to help and also reasons why contentious and non-contentious probate would/should use a Certainty Will Search and that the Certainty Contentious Probate Hub and Area provide access to specialists for the non-contentious solicitor
Join our webinar on Wednesday 28th November 2018 at 12.00pm for our hour long Certainty Expert Webinar.
This article was submitted to be published by Certainty the National Will Register as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Wills and Probate. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Wills and Probate.