Certainty Expert Webinar: Will-making in Social Isolation
The National Will Register are pleased to welcome Professor Lesley King who will be presenting our upcoming Certainty Expert Webinar on Tuesday 30th March 2021 at 12.00pm, titled ‘Will-making in Social Isolation’.
Private client practitioners are having to cope with an increase in people wanting to make Wills at a time when face to face contact is impossible because of the Covid pandemic. Many of the issues are issues that are always with us but are simply presenting in a more extreme form. We now have the possibility of virtual witnessing courtesy of the Wills Act 1837 (Electronic Communications) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Order 2020 (2020/952) but is it a good idea?
This webinar will consider:
• Professional guidance
• Retainer issues?
• Difficulties in taking instructions
• What to do if concerned about capacity or undue influence
• Executing Wills when clients are self-isolating
• The new rules on virtual witnessing
There is, of course, no perfect solution but this webinar will help you assess the risks involved in acting (and not acting).
After this session you will be:
• Aware of the options for taking instructions and getting wills executed with as little risk as possible
• Able to adapt your office practice and procedures appropriately.
Join us for our free Certainty Expert Webinar on Tuesday 30th March 2021 at 12.00pm. Places on the webinar are limited so book now.
This article was submitted to be published by Certainty as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Wills & Probate. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Wills & Probate.