How can you demonstrate expertise to clients?
Will writing is a highly specialised market, but is continuing to grow in popularity. Whilst recognition as to the importance of wills is building, how can you ensure that clients go to you when wanting to consolidate their final wishes?
When looking for a professional will writer, clients will be in search of expertise. Although you know about the high standard of services you provide, clients don’t. That’s why it’s important to communicate this in as many ways as possible.
The Institute of Professional Will Writers is a recognised and exclusive body which has been the natural home for professionals who want to demonstrate their expertise in the Wills, Estate Planning and Probate market.
For over 25 years, practitioners have chosen to become a part of the IPW network, with around 155 new professionals each year taking advantage of what membership offers; it’s not difficult to see why.
- Access to low-cost professional indemnity insurance. Differing to other policies available, this is highly comprehensive.
- Access to the only Will Writing Code of Practice which has been approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute, enabling you to use this as an accreditation and demonstrate professionalism to consumers.
- Exclusive access to the Willwriting Academy Ltd; having recently achieved a CPD accreditation, the Academy provides high-quality update training and courses.
- Access to our exclusive Members Forum, enabling you to connect with like-minded professionals as well as gaining support and advice.
- Access to partner companies who can provide expertise in their own specialist fields.
Becoming a member of the Institute of Professional Willwriters indicates that your skills have met a high standard, building both reputation and the number of clients interested in your services.
As well as indicating the quality of your services to the client, membership of the IPW will also benefit you in a number of ways.
- Authorised use of IPW logo and CTSI approved logo on all marketing material
- Introductory and examination level training courses as well as technical and advisory guidance
- Access to online and face to face seminars and CPD courses
- Access to specialist services provided by our sponsors and partners
- Discounted books and training courses available from recognised sources
- National networking opportunities
- Annual practicing certificate and membership card
- Available arbitration if a client complaint cannot be resolved
Whether you’re an established will writer or just starting out, IPW membership can help ensure that your practice stands out. Find out how you can become a member by clicking here.
This article was submitted to be published by The Institute of Professional Willwriters as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Wills and Probate. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Wills and Probate.