Ask an Expert: Victoria Simpson of Apply Compliance Today
Law firms should be taking the opportunity to conduct compliance reviews now to ensure they are ready for the end of lockdown say Victoria Simpson, of Apply Compliance Today.
During Lawyer Checker’s latest Ask An Expert Victoria answered questions posed by attendees alongside Lawyer Checker’s Tom Lyes.
In an entertaining discussion Victoria highlighted how law firms have an opportunity to review processes and get strategic things done now before things start to return to some semblance of normality and the realities of “business as usual” return.
The video interview is available below and is also on the Lawyer Checker YouTube channel.
The key takeaways from the interview are:
- File reviews are more essential in a remote working environment.
- Make sure you have audit trails to evidence decision making.
- Supervision not just important from a compliance perspective but also from a personal welfare point of view.
- Electronic ID is not just important for residential property.
- Some firms will benefit from flexible and agile working moving forwards with lower overheads and more streamlined processes.
- If you want to review your processes and get strategic things done, now is a good a time as any. It’s going to be really hard to this after lockdown as things will get busy very quickly as firms try to clawback profit targets.
For more information about how Lawyer Checker can help with strategic risk management please contact Tom Lyes ([email protected]) on 0800 133 7127.
This article was submitted to be published by Lawyer Checker as part of their advertising agreement with Today’s Wills and Probate. The views expressed in this article are those of the submitter and not those of Today’s Wills and Probate.