2021 sees implementation of SQE
The Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) will be introduced on 1 September 2021.
The purpose of this exam is to enable more people to gain access into the legal profession by replacing traditional routes into law.
The Solicitor’s Regulation Authority (SRA) state on their website:
“As the SQE gets closer to implementation, we plan to publish regular updates. So, this is the place to go to hear the latest about the development of the SQE and how you can get involved.”
The December update covers:
- New qualifying work experience guidance
- Getting the best out of qualifying work experience
- SQE information strategy – the road ahead
- SQE Reasonable Adjustments Policy
- Sitting the SQE assessment
What are your thoughts about this new route into the legal sector as opposed to the more traditional routes?