Peter Barton, Partner and Head of Equity Release at Ashfords LLP's Profile
Peter Barton, Partner and Head of Equity Release at Ashfords LLP
About Peter Barton, Partner and Head of Equity Release at Ashfords LLP
Peter is a SRA regulated Partner and Head of Equity Release. Peter specialises entirely in advising clients on Equity Release Schemes and has advised on many hundreds of Equity Release transactions. Peter has been qualified for 20 years.
Peter heads the Ashfords’ multi award winning Equity Release department which annually represents over 7,000 borrowers in lifetime mortgages.
Peter is a member of Action on Elder Abuse, Solicitors for the Elderly, and the Alzheimers Society. He is one of the co-founders of the Equity Release Solicitors Alliance and a prominent member of the Equity Release Council. Peter chairs the Consumer Protection Working Group, is a member of the long term care working Group and Public Affairs Working Group.
- Ashfords’ Equity Release Team is the only equity release legal specialists to have the “in-house” legal specialisms to also assist clients with linked issues such as matrimonial/separation, lease extensions, buying and selling properties, wills and trust issues, insolvency/bankruptcy and litigation matters, providing a complete legal service to the client within one firm.
- Peter has 18 years’ hands-on practical experience and knowledge of working in the lifetime mortgage sector.
- Peter has advised lenders before launch into equity release market on their documentation and procedure.
- Peter is a prominent figure in the Equity Release Council and is regularly approached in a consultation role on issues with products and lenders and in product development.
- Peter has a working knowledge of all of the current lender legal practices and products.
Advertise with us
Unleash your brand and boost exposure to thousands of Wills & Probate professionals daily by securing an advertising space on the Today’s Wills & Probate website and weekly newsletter.Find out more