Training: The Definitive Guide to Trusts and Taxation Hosted by: Countrywide Tax & Trust Corporation Ltd Date: 28th -29th April 2020 Time: 10am-1pmTaxation of Trusts – Part One – Tuesday 28th April 10:00 – 13:00Types of Trust and
Training: The Definitive Guide to Trusts and Taxation
Hosted by: Countrywide Tax & Trust Corporation Ltd
Date: 28th -29th April 2020
Taxation of Trusts – Part One – Tuesday 28th April 10:00 – 13:00
Types of Trust and how they are taxed
- Absolute Trusts
- Discretionary Trusts
- Exit charges, periodic charges, and CLTs
- Interest in Possession Trusts / Life Interest Trust
- Immediate Post Death Interest (IPDI)
Section 142, IHTA 1984
- Deeds of Variation. Are they still important, and when can they be used?
Section 144, IHTA 1984
- What does this section do?
- Why is it likely to become more frequently used than section 142 above?
New Section 62A (Anti Rysaffe legislation)
- Trusts settled by Will
- Trusts settled in lifetime
– Life Policies
- The Countrywide PPPT compared to other lifetime settlements of the main residence into trust
Taxation of Trusts – Part Two – Wednesday 29th April 10:00 – 13:00
Specialist Trusts & their uses
- What is a Declaration of Trust used for?
- Trust of Land
- Non Settlor Interest Trusts to hold over CGT
- Life Assurance Trusts – Why use CTTC’s Trusts?
- Pension Trusts
Inheritance Tax Planning
- Exemptions and Reliefs
- Spousal Exemption
- Charity Exemption
- NRB (Nil Rate Band)
- RNRB (Residence Nil Rate Band) to include details of the unique Countrywide Discretionary Trust that can deal with RNRB and NRB
Investments in Trust
- What to consider when investing funds from a trust, and why
28 (Tuesday) 10:00 am - 29 (Wednesday) 1:00 pm
Countrywide Tax & Trust Corporation Ltd